1 to 1 Learning Support Worker:
Who we are looking for :
We are looking for a 1 to 1 Learning Support Worker who likes a challenge as we see pupils that for the most, are reluctant and troubled learners or have been out of education for a little while.
No two days are the same at Waterloo Lodge, so we want someone who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and is motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent communication, interpersonal skills, the right kind of motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- To work with an individual and on occasion small groups of children on educational activities.
- To assist teachers in developing and implementing individual educational programmes.
- To support and transport an individual and on occasion small groups of children on vocational college courses offsite.
- To prepare materials and equipment.
- To transport children home and on educational visits etc.
- GCSEs in Maths and English, grade C or above
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Able to work on a lone basis with an individual child on a 1:1 basis, to build a relationship and rapport with the child in a learning and educational environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to working
- Ability to build relationships with children & young people
- Clean Driving Licence
- Negotiation Skills
- High expectations of others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to undertake training
- Ability to prioritise tasks
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals onsite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence at the beginning of November 2019, of course subject to approved reference and DBS checks.
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk
If you have any further queries regarding how to apply, please call 01257230894 or email: email@example.com
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everyone in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates and, gaps in employment accounted for.