Salary: £22,000 – £26,000
Location: Chorley, Lancashire
HOURS: 8.30am – 5.30pm
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Science Teacher to join our close-knit team at Waterloo Lodge School in Chorley. Someone who takes a more creative approach to teaching would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Waterloo Lodge is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs Lancashire, Manchester and surrounding areas. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them academically and, socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The Science Teacher will successfully set a vision and targets for pupil success and be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress, give regular feedback and encouraging our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
We are particularly interested in candidates from a teaching or SEN teaching backgrounds. As a class teacher you will seek ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Science Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubles learners.
No two days are the same at Waterloo Lodge so we want Teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour, whilst being resilient using an innovative style of teaching motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. We want someone who places a focus on the positive outcomes of our children and takes responsibility for helping improve the lives of our young people.
Whilst previous experience of working in a SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
- Must be educated to degree level or be of Qualified Teacher Status
- Equivalent to A Level in English
- Must have experience in teaching Key Stage 3 or 4
- Ability to use ICT effectively for teaching
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals onsite
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference and DBS checks).
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please 01257 230894
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everyone in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates and, gaps in employment accounted for.